Tech industry insights…
- Automation in Restaurants: How about a robot pizza maker? Zume, of Mountain View, California, is trying to disrupt the pizza industry with robots....
- How about an Electric Bike to Get to Work?: We certainly are seeing the advance of electric cars, but readily available and more powerful batteries are also enabling electric bikes, scooters or even longboards! Check out your options in this WSJ article!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Latest version of Wakebright is now on iTunes. This top-rated alarm app can help you get a great start to your day. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- IT Metrics Categorization
- Service Desk: Structure and Primary Elements
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- IT Service Desk: Structure and Key Elements
- Service Desk Definition
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lifecycle - How to Build and Sustain a Top Quartile Infrastructure
- Ensuring Project Success: Best practices in Project Delivery
- Principles of High Performance Teams
- IT Benchmarking
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Monthly Archives: October 2011
This is the fourth and final near term tactics post on a topic ever present in today’s economic climate: cost reduction. Though the US economy grew by 2.5% this past quarter and despite some willingness by companies to invest in … Continue reading
This is the third near term tactics post on a topic ever present in today’s economic climate: cost reduction. Though the US economy grew by 2.5% this past quarter and despite some willingness by companies to invest in IT (while … Continue reading
Our current topic is ever present in today’s economic climate: cost reduction. This is the third post on this critical area. Despite some willingness by companies to invest in IT (while there is a reluctance to invest in staff), IT … Continue reading
As I outlined in the previous post, cost reduction is ever present in today’s economic climate. And that includes IT. But, it is worthwhile to note, that during this ‘jobless’ recovery, businesses are investing in IT and other infrastructure to … Continue reading
Given the current economic climate, IT shops everywhere are under pressure to reduce their costs. And often this has been the case for several years running. So where do you turn for either new areas, or better approaches that do … Continue reading