Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- Efficiency and Cost Reduction
- Ensuring Project Success: Best practices in Project Delivery
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- In the Heat of Battle: Command Center Best Practices
- IT Service Desk best practices
- Moving from Offshoring to Global Service Centers II
- Service Desk Definition
- Ensuring Project Success II: Best Practices in Project Delivery
- IT Hybrid Model
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Monthly Archives: February 2012
As an IT leader either of a function or of a large IT team with multiple functions, what is the emphasis you should place on metrics and how are you able to leverage them to attain improvement and achieve more … Continue reading
In order to achieve a world class or first quartile performance, it is critical to take a ‘scientific’ approach to IT metrics. Many shops remain rooted in ‘craft’ approaches to IT where techniques and processes are applied in an ad … Continue reading
This is the 4th in a series of posts on best practices in the IT Service Desk arena. To catch the previous material, you can check out the first post or you can read through the best practice reference pages … Continue reading
We will revisit the Service Desk best practices this weekend as we have several additions ready to go, but I wanted to cover how you, as an IT leader, can bring about much greater synergy within your IT organization. In … Continue reading
This is the 3rd in our series on IT service desk best practices. As we mentioned in our previous post, the Service Desk is the primary daily interface with IT customer. It is the front door into IT; however, the … Continue reading
At Davos this past week, innovation was trumpeted as a necessity for business and solution for economic ills. And in corporations around the world, business executives speak of the need for ‘innovation’ and ‘agility’ for them to win in the … Continue reading
As we mentioned in our first service desk post, the service desk is the critical central point where you interact daily with your customers. To deliver outstanding IT capabilities and service, you need to ensure your service desk performs at … Continue reading