Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- Production Ready
- Service Desk: Structure and Primary Elements
- IT Benchmarking
- Improving Availability: Where to Start
- IT Efficiency Best Practices: Third Party Savings
- IT Service Desk best practices
- Building IT Synergy
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- How to Build Skills for a Great IT Career
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Monthly Archives: April 2012
With the latest breaches in the news, I felt it was important to map out base practices and well as some of the best practices in Information Security. In the age of LulzSec, industrial espionage, and everyday breaches, it’s more … Continue reading
Today I have returned to a topic that is at the core of Recipes for IT: High Performance IT Teams. While tax day did take a bit of time and I am slightly delayed in posting this, I have actually … Continue reading
I hope you enjoyed the Easter weekend. I have teamed up today with Chris Collins, a senior IT Finance manager and former colleague. Our final post on metrics is on unit costing — on which Chris has been invaluable with … Continue reading
We have two features this week: the first and best is Fred Alsup has provided his perspective on best practices in requirements definition; and I have also added and slightly updated a post on Agility and Innovation in the ‘Asides’ … Continue reading