Tech industry insights…
- Automation in Restaurants: How about a robot pizza maker? Zume, of Mountain View, California, is trying to disrupt the pizza industry with robots....
- How about an Electric Bike to Get to Work?: We certainly are seeing the advance of electric cars, but readily available and more powerful batteries are also enabling electric bikes, scooters or even longboards! Check out your options in this WSJ article!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Latest version of Wakebright is now on iTunes. This top-rated alarm app can help you get a great start to your day. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- IT Metrics Categorization
- IT Service Desk: Structure and Key Elements
- Service Desk Metrics
- In the Heat of Battle: Command Center Best Practices
- Improving Availability: Where to Start
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- Service Desk: Structure and Primary Elements
- Defining a Compelling Vision and Goals
- Service Desk
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Monthly Archives: October 2012
As I mentioned in my previous post, I will be exploring infrastructure trends, and in particular, cloud computing. But while cloud computing is getting most of the marketing press, there are two additional phenomena that are capturing as much if … Continue reading
Again. Headlines are splashed across front pages and business journals where banks, energy companies, and government web sites have been attacked. As I called out six months ago, the pace, scale and intensity of attacks had increased dramatically in the past … Continue reading
I find it remarkable that despite the slow recovery the IT job market remains very tight. This poses significant hurdles for IT managers looking to add talent. In the post below, I cover how to build a great team and … Continue reading