Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- Production Ready
- Service Desk: Structure and Primary Elements
- IT Benchmarking
- Improving Availability: Where to Start
- IT Efficiency Best Practices: Third Party Savings
- IT Service Desk best practices
- Building IT Synergy
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- How to Build Skills for a Great IT Career
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Monthly Archives: January 2013
We are long into the marketing hype cycle on cloud. That means that clear criteria to assess and evaluate the different cloud options are critical. Given these complexities, what approach should the medium to large enterprise take to best leverage … Continue reading
Given it is the start of the year, I thought I would map out some of the topics I plan to cover this coming year in my posts. I also wish to relay some of the improvements that are planned … Continue reading