Tech industry insights…
- Automation in Restaurants: How about a robot pizza maker? Zume, of Mountain View, California, is trying to disrupt the pizza industry with robots....
- How about an Electric Bike to Get to Work?: We certainly are seeing the advance of electric cars, but readily available and more powerful batteries are also enabling electric bikes, scooters or even longboards! Check out your options in this WSJ article!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Latest version of Wakebright is now on iTunes. This top-rated alarm app can help you get a great start to your day. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- IT Metrics Categorization
- IT Service Desk: Structure and Key Elements
- Service Desk Metrics
- In the Heat of Battle: Command Center Best Practices
- Improving Availability: Where to Start
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- Service Desk: Structure and Primary Elements
- Defining a Compelling Vision and Goals
- Service Desk
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Category Archives: Just for fun
Now that 2013 is done, it is time to review my predictions from January last year. For those keeping score, I had six January predictions for Technology in 2013: 6. 2013 is the year of the ‘connected house’ as standards and … Continue reading
The year is quickly winding down and 2013 will not be remembered as a stellar year for technology. Between the NSA leaks and Orwellian revelations, the Healthcare.gov mishaps, the cloud email outages (and Yahoo’s is still lingering) and now the … Continue reading
For those looking for the early signs of spring, crocuses and flowering quince are excellent harbingers. For those looking for signs of technology trends and shifts, I thought it would be worthwhile to point out some new ones and provide … Continue reading
Given it is the start of the year, I thought I would map out some of the topics I plan to cover this coming year in my posts. I also wish to relay some of the improvements that are planned … Continue reading
With CES 2013 starting this week, we will see a number of new features and product introductions particularly in the Android space. Some of the new features are questionable (Do we really want our smartphones to be projectors?). But the … Continue reading
It is just about time for spring break and given the significant number of new readers, I thought I would touch again on the key goals for this site and also touch on some posts and additions you may have … Continue reading
I think we can all feel the holiday and yearend swooping in and things winding down where we work. The Christmas parties are in full swing and everyone is focused on making sure they get everything on their Christmas gift … Continue reading
Given that it has been about two months since I started this blog, I thought it would be worthwhile to take a quick check of how’s it gone and map out things I hope to accomplish in the upcoming few … Continue reading