Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- Efficiency and Cost Reduction
- Ensuring Project Success: Best practices in Project Delivery
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- In the Heat of Battle: Command Center Best Practices
- IT Service Desk best practices
- Moving from Offshoring to Global Service Centers II
- Service Desk Definition
- Ensuring Project Success II: Best Practices in Project Delivery
- IT Hybrid Model
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Category Archives: Just for fun
Now that 2013 is done, it is time to review my predictions from January last year. For those keeping score, I had six January predictions for Technology in 2013: 6. 2013 is the year of the ‘connected house’ as standards and … Continue reading
The year is quickly winding down and 2013 will not be remembered as a stellar year for technology. Between the NSA leaks and Orwellian revelations, the Healthcare.gov mishaps, the cloud email outages (and Yahoo’s is still lingering) and now the … Continue reading
For those looking for the early signs of spring, crocuses and flowering quince are excellent harbingers. For those looking for signs of technology trends and shifts, I thought it would be worthwhile to point out some new ones and provide … Continue reading
Given it is the start of the year, I thought I would map out some of the topics I plan to cover this coming year in my posts. I also wish to relay some of the improvements that are planned … Continue reading
With CES 2013 starting this week, we will see a number of new features and product introductions particularly in the Android space. Some of the new features are questionable (Do we really want our smartphones to be projectors?). But the … Continue reading
It is just about time for spring break and given the significant number of new readers, I thought I would touch again on the key goals for this site and also touch on some posts and additions you may have … Continue reading
I think we can all feel the holiday and yearend swooping in and things winding down where we work. The Christmas parties are in full swing and everyone is focused on making sure they get everything on their Christmas gift … Continue reading
Given that it has been about two months since I started this blog, I thought it would be worthwhile to take a quick check of how’s it gone and map out things I hope to accomplish in the upcoming few … Continue reading