Tech industry insights…
- Automation in Restaurants: How about a robot pizza maker? Zume, of Mountain View, California, is trying to disrupt the pizza industry with robots....
- How about an Electric Bike to Get to Work?: We certainly are seeing the advance of electric cars, but readily available and more powerful batteries are also enabling electric bikes, scooters or even longboards! Check out your options in this WSJ article!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Latest version of Wakebright is now on iTunes. This top-rated alarm app can help you get a great start to your day. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- Service Desk Metrics
- Service Desk: Structure and Primary Elements
- IT Metrics Categorization
- Efficiency and Cost Reduction
- In the Heat of Battle: Command Center Best Practices
- Requirements Definition
- Ensuring Project Success: Best practices in Project Delivery
- IT Service Desk best practices
- Service Desk Leadership: The Key Ingredient
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Category Archives: Project Management and Delivery
It has been two months since the Healthcare.gov launch and by now nearly every American has heard or witnessed the poor performance of the websites. Early on, only one of every five users was able to actually sign in to … Continue reading
We have two features this week: the first and best is Fred Alsup has provided his perspective on best practices in requirements definition; and I have also added and slightly updated a post on Agility and Innovation in the ‘Asides’ … Continue reading
In the past several weeks, I have posted on project management best practices. And we talked about the track record of the IT industry as being, at best, a mixed bag. It turns out for the UK government, that would … Continue reading
I hope that you are back from holidays well-rested and ready to go for the new year. My previous post provided some tips on how to get off to great start of the new year, today’s post will focus on … Continue reading
Project delivery is one of the critical services that IT provides. Unfortunately, in the industry, the track record of project delivery for IT is at best a mixed bag. A number of different studies over the past five years put … Continue reading