Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- Efficiency and Cost Reduction
- Ensuring Project Success: Best practices in Project Delivery
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- In the Heat of Battle: Command Center Best Practices
- IT Service Desk best practices
- Moving from Offshoring to Global Service Centers II
- Service Desk Definition
- Ensuring Project Success II: Best Practices in Project Delivery
- IT Hybrid Model
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Well, the summer is over, even if we have had great weather into September. My apologies for the delay in a new post, and I know I have several topic requests to fulfill 🙂 Given our own journey at Danske … Continue reading
It has been two months since the Healthcare.gov launch and by now nearly every American has heard or witnessed the poor performance of the websites. Early on, only one of every five users was able to actually sign in to … Continue reading
For those looking for the early signs of spring, crocuses and flowering quince are excellent harbingers. For those looking for signs of technology trends and shifts, I thought it would be worthwhile to point out some new ones and provide … Continue reading
We have spend the past several weeks covering how to deliver efficiency and cost reduction in IT, and particularly how to do it while maintaining or improving your capabilities. In my last post we discussed some two long terms tactics … Continue reading