Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- IT Service Desk: Structure and Key Elements
- Coaching and Developing
- Project Reporting and Communications
- Getting off to a Great Start as a CIO
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- In the Heat of Battle: Good Guidelines for Production
- Evolving IT Metrics to Match Your Team's Maturity
- Leveraging the 'Flow of Work'
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Tag Archives: Industry Trends
Some surprising and not so surprising results for the tech industry this past quarter (2Q15) confirm both longer term industry trends and also high volatility for mismatches in expectations and performance. First, Apple delivered strong growth in revenue and profits again (38% … Continue reading