Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- IT Service Desk: Structure and Key Elements
- Coaching and Developing
- Project Reporting and Communications
- Getting off to a Great Start as a CIO
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- In the Heat of Battle: Good Guidelines for Production
- Evolving IT Metrics to Match Your Team's Maturity
- Leveraging the 'Flow of Work'
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Tag Archives: Infrastructure Engineering
Our recent post discussed using the Infrastructure Engineering Lifecycle (IELC) to enable organizations to build a modern, efficient and robust technology infrastructure. One of the key expressions that both leverages and IELC approach and helps an infrastructure team properly plan … Continue reading