Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- Efficiency and Cost Reduction
- Ensuring Project Success: Best practices in Project Delivery
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- In the Heat of Battle: Command Center Best Practices
- IT Service Desk best practices
- Moving from Offshoring to Global Service Centers II
- Service Desk Definition
- Ensuring Project Success II: Best Practices in Project Delivery
- IT Hybrid Model
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Tag Archives: IT Efficiency
The typical IT shop spends 60% or more of its budget on external vendors – buying hardware, software, and services. Globally, the $2 trillion dollar IT marketplace (2013 estimate by Forrester) is quite inefficient where prices and discounts vary widely … Continue reading
In the last several posts we have covered how you should deliver IT cost reductions with long term tactics that also enable you to build capability and capacity. If executed well, you will also yield some longer term benefits such … Continue reading
We have spend the past several weeks covering how to deliver efficiency and cost reduction in IT, and particularly how to do it while maintaining or improving your capabilities. In my last post we discussed what are some of the … Continue reading
In the last 4 posts we have covered how you should deliver IT cost reductions in the near term. And if executed well, you will also yield some longer term benefits such as a better workforce balance or elimination of … Continue reading
Our current topic is ever present in today’s economic climate: cost reduction. This is the third post on this critical area. Despite some willingness by companies to invest in IT (while there is a reluctance to invest in staff), IT … Continue reading
As I outlined in the previous post, cost reduction is ever present in today’s economic climate. And that includes IT. But, it is worthwhile to note, that during this ‘jobless’ recovery, businesses are investing in IT and other infrastructure to … Continue reading