Tech industry insights…
- First text messages sent 25 years ago this month: Of course, sent between two PCs but still the first and I do not think it include the phrase 'LOL' 🙂 ...
- Computer glitch allowed all pilots to take vacation: American Airlines has now resolved this (with overtime pay rates) but a programming error allowed all pilots to schedule their vacation over Christmas, unfortunately leaving none to fly the planes!
- Fresh, Simple, Elegant Alarm app! Unfortunately our great alarm app Wakebright does not work with iOS 11. I hope to rebuild and get back out on the store over the holidays 🙂 Wish me luck!
- What to read: A terrific article on teams and Google - What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team. Or my longtime favorite: a lengthy (38,000 words) paper that has become one of Bloomberg's best read articles - What is Code. It is a thoughtful, well-written piece to explain software and how it touches our modern world.
For my top list of reading recommendations, check the reference page.
Our Modern Tech World :)
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Box Report Examples
- Service Desk: Structure and Primary Elements
- In the Heat of Battle: Command Center Best Practices
- Service Desk: Turning Around a 'Helpless' Desk
- Service Desk Leadership: The Key Ingredient
- IT Service Desk: Structure and Key Elements
- Efficiency and Cost Reduction
- Defining a Compelling Vision and Goals
- IT Metrics Categorization
- Service Desk Metrics
Search for a topic
Be a Subscriber!
Tag Archives: IT Trends
While there is still one bowl game left to be played and confetti to clean up, 2014 is now done and leaves a mixed IT legacy. After 2013’s issues with the NSA leaks, the Healthcare.gov mishaps, and the 40 million credit identities stolen from Target, … Continue reading