I have collected the posts that I felt were timely and should be considered by IT leaders looking at updating or formulating their strategies. Here are the key posts to consider:
- What to do in the first 90 days as CIO: the post provides a quick primer on the things you should address as the new CIO or senior IT leader.
- Addressing Today’s Security Risks: This reference page outlines mandatory measures as well as some key best practices to combat the ever-rising information security threats companies face. As a CIO, you must treat this threat as very real to your business. Here is the original post as well.
- A Continued Surge in IT Investment: Despite a jobless recovery, there has been a continued surge in IT investment. How can IT leaders ensure their companies are not being left behind in the productivity curve.
- The Accelerating Impact of the iPad on Corporate IT: With the continued surge of success of the iPad, there is a significant impact on how IT leaders should adjust not just their client devices approaches but also their application interface priorities.
- Outsourcing and Out-tasking Best Practices: While the general trend of more IT outsourcing but via smaller, more focused deals continues, it remains an area that is difficult for IT management to navigate successfully. Collected here are thoughtful best practices that will be invaluable to IT leaders.
- Building a High Performance Team Despite 4% IT Unemployment: While it is a tough national unemployment picture at 8%, the IT market is much tighter – 4% – and even 1% for some specialty areas. Excellent recommendations are in this post on how to build a strong team in these tight conditions.
And if you are looking to formulate an IT strategy or improve the process that you utilize to derive IT strategy, this IT Strategy reference page should assist.
Best, Jim Ditmore